So the lovely and talented T!m Holtz is having a challenge over on his wickedly popular blog, and all over the world, you can hear the sound of Tattered Floral dies being put to good use!
It had been awhile since I dusted mine off, and of course I always love a challenge (and always love our Tim)! The first thing I did was put myself in the “grunge” mindset. For those who don’t know Tim (oh, perish the thought!), his artistic style is way into the vintage, grungy, rustic and tattered. If it looks like the parts came from your grandma’s attic, you’re on the right track!
I decided pretty much right away not to get too “fancy” with the materials. I don’t have a lot of experience with the Tattered Floral die, so keeping it simple seemed like the best idea. I used K&Company double-sided papers in two coordinating patterns; a grungy plaid and a faded wallpaper design in pale red. After cutting out the petals, I crumpled them and colored the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink before forming one large and three small roses.
The hanger was made by gluing together two wooden peg-type clothespins, which were made to look vintage with Burlap Distress Ink. I formed wire into a hanger, then toned down the silver shine with Latte Alcohol Ink. Fuzzy twine was wrapped around the hanger to form loops, and mini clothespins, colored with Espresso Alcohol Ink, hold printouts of vintage photos.
Fingers crossed! 🙂