Challenges are so much fun! In the “Complicated Swap Lovers” group on Swap-Bot, we’re doing another “How to Make an ATC” swap, and this time the first seven people who signed up got to choose a step in the process. We had to do these steps in order, leaving out none and adding none, to make our ATC:
1. Start with a patterned background.
2. Outline the edges with a metallic marker or ink pad (any metallic color).
3. Add two or more circles.
4. Draw, glue, sew or otherwise attach an image of your favorite bird.
5. Attach a non-round button or brad.
6. Add a piece of ribbon or fiber.
7. Write, draw or stamp something in ink on the bottom half.
8. Use something found or recycled.
I think it’s pretty obvious just from looking how I did each step, except probably the last one. The green heart was punched from a paint chip from the home improvement store. (The color, if you’re interested, is “basil.” It’s rather nice, isn’t it?)
Oh, and my contribution was number 2. 🙂